Date: November 5, 2021
Application Deadline: open until filled
Position Title: Director of Education Opportunity Center Program (EOC)
Department: Student Affairs
Job Type: Full-Time (Continued employment contingent on grant funding)
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience, skills, and knowledge
Responsible for the overall direction, operation and management of the NNMC EOC, which includes the supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of 2 EOC Educational Advisors; Responsible for an annual budget of $232,050.00. Responsible for collecting, disseminating, analyzing and reporting information on post-secondary education with a shared goal of recruiting 850 participants in our service area/target area of 30,000 square miles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
● Selection and hiring of EOC staff as determined through applicable NNMC guidelines.
● Program reporting on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
● Management of database for program which includes, client files, correspondence, budget, newsletter and dissemination mailing system and client services system
● Development and writing of EOC proposals in open competition nationally every four years. Continuation proposals yearly reflecting changes in scope, i.e., goals, objectives, target area, budget and counselor assignments
● Editor and writer of EOC newsletter
● Act as public relations manager for the program in a ten-county area.
● Presentations to high schools, Pueblos, communities, agencies as needed
● Work with local area community organizations and agencies to support advertisement and recruitment efforts
● Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
● Master’s degree in Education, Counseling or related field.
● Three to five years’ experience in Educational Administration.
● Experience administering federal contracts, grants and reporting procedures
● Three years’ experience in TRiO at the Assistant Director level or above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Network with other TRIO programs statewide and other organizations that serve students pursuing higher education
● Ability to effectively supervise staff and develop strong relationships with co-workers, supervisors, community members and customers
● Knowledge of career education, financial or educational advisement, and/or experience in recruitment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
● Work hours may vary
● Regular attendance is a necessary function
● Must be able to lift approximately 20 lbs.
● Normal office environment, with outside travel
● Work may be performed in various location sunder different working conditions
A complete application must include: 1) A letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three references 4) Copies of unofficial transcripts .
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER