Date: April 13, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Degree Audit Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time/Term (employment contingent on grant funding)
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Manages and oversees the day-to-day support of the Degree Audit Reporting System (Ellucian Degree Works) processing for the College. Scribes all college and individual degree requirements, and provides problem analysis and resolutions for end users. Ensures the accuracy of degree requirements and content. Participates in the resolution of degree audit system problems and issues. Serves as the principal point of technical and operational support with respect to Degree Works data management and database administration. Provides system training for the staff and the College community in using the Degree Works system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates and participates in the planning, development, implementation, documentation, administration, and maintenance of the Degree Audit Reporting System (Degree Works) for the College; serves
as the main contact for the ITS staff, advisors, and registrar office regarding all matters affecting the Degree Audit part of the Degree Works system.
• Participates in and helps organize testing and upgrades for the degree audit system, including writing and maintaining test plans.
• Oversees the definition and maintenance of the database structure and content for all of the academic requirements including the core NNMC requirements, departmental requirements, and college
• Oversees the development and administration of operating policies and procedures concerning the degree audit system; reviews and advises on applicable rules, regulations, guidelines, and College
• Provides technical and functional support to the College-wide community using the degree audit system.
• Researches all academic program requirements to encode and maintain degree audit tables and program requirements in the Degree Works system; works closely with curriculum forms that have been
submitted and approved by the Registrar's Office to ensure accuracy.
• Works closely with the academic advisors, colleges, departments, and College offices, to ensure the accuracy of degree requirements, core curriculum data, and college requirements, as well as working
to resolve any degree audit situations for students, faculty, and staff.
• Develops and prepares appropriate materials to promote the degree audit system to the College community including training materials, handouts, reference guides, and forms.
• Serve as the main contact for Degree Works and curriculum trainings, concerns, and questions. Conduct trainings at least once per semester for convocation and as needed any time after that.
• Create and maintain a Degree Works protocol rulebook and training manual. Update as needed with curriculum and department changes.
• Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field. One year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Advance degree may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner.
• Experience utilizing Ellucian Degree Works or other online Degree Audit System.
• Experience working in Higher Education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Ability to apply rule sets to complex information, using logic, analytical techniques and deductive reasoning.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to maintain knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Experience in training multiple constituencies in a diverse organization.
• Knowledge of curriculum and academic program structures in a College setting.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of College policies and procedures as they relate to the Office of the Registrar.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Analytical, investigative, and problem solving skills.
• Short- and long-term operational planning skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
• Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
• References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
• Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER