Date: 10/28/2021 Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Custodian
Department: Facilities Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Pay Range: $13.00 3 positons: 2 Espanola Campus 1 El Rito Campus
SUMMARY: Under supervision and direction, performs custodial maintenance duties including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming floors and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking bathrooms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promote a clean, safe and healthy work environment at all times.
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
• Clean rugs, carpets using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers,
• Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
• Cleans restrooms and restocks paper and soap supplies.
• Empty wastebaskets, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
• Change light bulbs when directed.
• Checks and secures all windows and doors when directed.
• Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
• Ensure that operation of equipment, tools and materials are handled in a safe and efficient manner.
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Reports maintenance problems to appropriate supervisor.
• May assist with snow removal activities.
• Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED;
• One year’ experience performing various routine custodial functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Must have attention to detail and quality and ability to apply them;
• Ability to operate equipment (vacuums, buffers, extractors etc.) continuous for several hours at a time, and be able to climb ladders for cleaning purposes;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to complete routine paperwork.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions;
• Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises;
• Must be able to remain on feet for approximately 90% of workday;
• Climbing multiple staircases, bending and stooping;
• Frequent moving and lifting up to 25 pounds;
• Occasionally move and lift more than 50 pounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, and 3) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER