Date: January 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Until filled
Position Title: Career Services Coordinator
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Job Type: Full-Time/Term (employment contingent on grant funding)
SUMMARY: Career Services Coordinator will responsible for organizing, administering, and operating Career Services, intended to assist NNMC College students and alumni in securing employment; to track employment trends, and to provide feedback about our programs from area employers. The Coordinator will also provide workshops to assist with placement including: Resume Writing, Interview Prep, Job Placement, and Lead Class Development to align a seminar series to develop into a class with Career preparation. Career Services support will be designed to increase student success as outlined with department goals, strategic plan, and the mission of Northern New Mexico College. The Coordinator will actively participate in orientation activities and other college-wide and division-wide events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate all career service functions.
• Establish and maintain liaison with local employers to identify employment needs, basic job training requirements, and changing trends in the field.
• Instruct students in the proper procedure for conducting an individual job search, including internships and other forms of employment, prior to graduation.
• Provide career counseling and referrals to assist students with the career development process, including clarifying objectives and obtaining occupational information.
• Provide career planning assistance though appointments with individuals, online assistance, and regularly scheduled workshops with groups.
• Provide assistance and collaborate with external agencies/partners such as NALWDB, RDC, GoEducate, NM Department of Workforce Solutions, etc.
• Plan and implement job fairs and on-campus recruiting events.
• Maintain an online recruitment system and work closely with the Communications Department to maintain and update a career services website.
• Promote career services to students, alumni, and employers through a variety of marketing efforts.
• Establish office policies and procedures, prepare regular reports, and collect and analyze research data relevant to career planning and placement of students and alumni.
• Distribute information on internships, summer jobs, and local part-time jobs.
• Play an active role in both business and collegiate professional organizations relating to careers.
• Screen, select, and provide students with resource materials relating to employment needs.
• Obtain comprehensive knowledge of all NNMC programs by consulting with faculty members on academic requirements, course content, and specific job competencies of students, in order to respond intelligently to inquiries for both students and employers; maintain a relationship with career program advisory boards.
• Collaborate with other departments across campus to further develop a supportive campus environment for all students.
• Maintain professional licensure and credentials in good standing, including the completion of required continuing education credits and professional development, as it relates to career services.
• Observe state and national statutes and guidelines related to professional role, code of ethics, and confidentiality, including HIPAA and FERPA.
• Attend weekly CARE team meetings, bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with supervisor, other departmental and divisional professional development sessions and other meetings assigned by the supervisor.
• Work closely with advising staff.
• Actively participate in orientation activities and other college programs.
• Generate up-to-date and accurate reports as needed.
• Supervise work-study staff.
• Serve as a member of campus committees as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college, and work experience in the area of career development, higher education administration, counseling, business, or a related field.
• Experience: Previous experience at the college or university level.
• 3-5 years of experience in Career Services or related field.
• Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college, and work experience in the area of career development, higher education administration, counseling, business, or a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledge of local labor markets and key employers strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of changing trends in the employment field strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of local employment needs strongly preferred.
• Skill in organizing resources, strategic planning, and establishing priorities.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Knowledge of FERPA regulations.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-and long-range goals.
• Knowledge of computerized student information systems.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment;
• Frequently work with unscheduled interruptions.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree and preferred if applicable, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references including at least one previous supervisor.
Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER