Date: August 23, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Business Office Specialist
Department: Business office Job Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY: Receives and records cash and charge payments in the College Accounting System. May process financial aid disbursements. Balances cash receipts on a daily basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and receipt a variety of payments and other cash and cash-related transactions, to include payments on student accounts, third party payments, departmental receipts; verifies and posts to appropriate accounts;
• Prepare cash receipts for bank deposit; prepares daily cash reports and balances the cash drawer; reconciles cash, check, and credit card receipts daily, and investigates and resolves any out-of-balance problems;
• Answer inquiries regarding student accounts;
• Provide information to patrons regarding pertinent rules, policies, and procedures related to cash and cash-related transactions; direct patrons to proper offices, as appropriate, to seek resolution of problems beyond the information available to the cashier;
• Project currency and coin requirements and reorder as necessary;
• Disburse payroll, travel, accounts payable and reimbursement checks to students, faculty and staff;
• Assist in all aspects of collections of accounts receivable, including, but not limited to, making payment arrangements with students;
• Provide customer service oriented interaction in all face to face, telephone and e-mail responses;
• Provide dual credit students book allowances, processes billing for dual credit book purchases;
• Assist Student Accounts Receivable Coordinator in student accounts receivable related duties as assigned;
• Participate in internal and external audits as required;
• Prepares purchase requisitions as need by business office personnel;
• Support other business office functions as assigned;
• Regular and dependable attendance is required;
• Maintains confidentiality of college and student records;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED; at least six months of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner
• Experience working in a higher education setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures;
• Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records;
• Ability to analyze and solve problems;
• Account balancing skills;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information;
• Ability to effectively communicate accounting information, policies, and/or procedures in a manner easily understood by the customer;
• Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Must pass a pre-employment background check that will include criminal and credit history.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER