Date: October 11, 2018 Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Banner Systems Administrator FLSA: Exempt
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Reports directly to the Director of Information Technology. This position is primarily responsible for administration, maintenance, and support of the ERP System, Ellucian Banner, the organizational Oracle Databases and any third party application components that underpin the Banner functionality. This includes but is not limited to: Blackboard, Evisions and Touchnet. The Banner system is a critical business system which must be online and continuously accessible. The duties of this position require that the databases and application components be managed to peak performance and security protocols are adhered to. The position must work closely with external vendor support and NNMC staff to ensure system functionality and data integration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a subject-matter-expert (SME) in the IT department primarily in the area of Banner, this employee is primarily responsible for Banner ERP System as well as the Touchnet, Evisions, Blackboard and all other interfaces. This job includes, but is not limited to the following job duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that the Banner system is online and continuously accessible.
• Maintain Oracle/Banner functional permissions (system security).
• Keep the database managed to peak performance, monitor daily system performance, and tune the database when necessary by working closely with the DBA.
• Maintain Ellucian products, perform upgrades and patches and keep all modules current.
• Refresh databases from the production environment to development and testing environments.
• Manage patches and upgrades to the Oracle databases and Banner.
• Perform queries/extracts/modifications via SQL, Access or comparable software tools.
• Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organization. Enforce college policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers and every level of management while designing training programs and workshops for staff.
• Determine the goals of IT within broad outlines provided by the executive management and contribute to the continuity of computer services by providing necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
• Work closely with other IT staff to insure that interfaces are working properly.
• Troubleshoot various areas of the operating system and the database. Act as a technical consultant and trainer when necessary.
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, contractors and equipment suppliers.
• Manage and reporting on allocation of IT budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
• Design, develop, implement and coordinate IT systems, policies and procedures.
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Act in alignment with user needs and systems functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
• Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
• Present a professional image as a representative of the college and the Information Technology Department.
• All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university; and five (5) years’ direct experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
• Experience as an application administrator of Ellucian Banner, Touchnet, Blackboard, Evisions and interaction with the National Student Clearing House.
• Experience as an Oracle Database Administrator (or another enterprise database) in a high-availability environment; preferably as an Oracle Linux administrator.
• Experience with software and tools used to support operational aspects of database management, such as SQL, Access, Toad, and Crystal Reports.
• Experience working in a Higher Education environment, specifically using Banner.
• Certification or verifiable experience in any major software or systems including, but not limited to Ellucian Banner, Oracle, Business Objects, WebLogic and Apache Tomcat Oracle DBA Certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of ERP and CRM software applications, client/server software, and enterprise reporting/business intelligence systems, application and web server platforms.
• Knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices, with demonstrated proficiency in database design, installation, backup/recovery, security, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
• Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and Unix/Linux shell scripting, including experience using PL/SQL to write packages, stored procedures, and triggers.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of professional computing competence, as evidenced by continuing professional education, participation in professional meetings, and interactions with peers and users.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations.
• Ability to talk politely and resolve customer service issues.
• Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to exercise good judgement and decisions in an expeditious manner.
• Skilled at organizing projects and see them through to completion. Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong leadership and decision making skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of complex information and requirements.
• Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
• Expertise in data center management and data governance.
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references. Copies of certifications, if applicable.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER