Date: January 31, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Associate Registrar
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
The Associate Registrar reports directly to the Registrar and works under limited supervision, administers the overall operations of the records office, including areas such as course scheduling, management of student records, official and unofficial transcripts, grade petitions, graduation process, commencement ceremony preparation, monitoring academic guidelines, degree audit reporting system, and related matters. Ensures compliance with Family Rights and Privacy Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Reviews and processes departmental course listing reports, proofs and edits academic department scheduling documents and Scheduling unit data entries, enters and monitors required data into integrated student ERP SIS (Student Information) Banner system.
● Facilitates the adding of new course sections, canceling of sections, and the rescheduling of sections, working closely with academic department chairs/directors or faculty.
● Compiles and evaluates scheduling documents; provides policy interpretation and advisement as appropriate, in accordance with college policy.
● Analyzes and interprets information on Banner (SIS) Scheduling and Registration modules and imparts appropriate information.
● Inventories and reports on readiness of the general classrooms across campus; monitors progress of classroom repairs and updates; adjusts seating and classroom furniture as appropriate.
● Sets date parameters for registration, drops, withdrawals, audits, and adds in the Banner (SIS) for each term.
● Welcomes and greets visitors in person or on the phone; directs visitors to appropriate departments or sites; provides advice to students, faculty and staff regarding scheduling and Registrar's Office processes.
● Evaluates incoming transcripts for transfer credit from institutions of higher education, AP, and CLEP; maintains record transfer credits in Banner (SIS) for equivalences and acceptance by the college; assists advisors with questions regarding transfer of equivalent courses.
● Processes enrollment verification requests from loan companies; processes employee educational background checks and within the National Student Clearinghouse enrollment reporting system.
● Assists students, faculty and staff with information maintained by the Registrar's Office, including registration, grade changes, final grades, withdrawals, drops, change of majors, and student status changes.
● Interviews, selects, trains, schedules and supervises student workers.
● Assists in completing end of term processing to roll grades to academic history, (calculate student type, student standing, repeated courses, dean’s list, calculate GPAs and incomplete grade process).
● Runs a variety of reports using ERP (Banner SIS, Banner self-serve) and MS Access queries.
● Coordinates graduation processes and assists with commencement ceremonies.
● Reviews petitions to graduate and associated curriculum rules. Including Banner (SIS) to verify students have completed the online graduation application within the correct term.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
● Bachelor’s Degree; at least 2 years of experience working in a college or university environment with students. OR work experience directly related to the Office of the Registrar in a college/university environment.
● Master’s degree;
● Experience working with Ellucian Banner Student Module;
● Experience working with New Mexico Higher Education Department and knowledge of the regulations.
● Strong working knowledge of university/college wide ERP systems; specific knowledge of Banner; document and course management systems is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the policies, curricula, and academic structure of the College.
• Knowledge of the general format, content and use of college course catalogs.
• Knowledge and expertise with FERPA.
• Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community both orally and in writing.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Ability to plan and implement operational policies and procedures in area of expertise.
• Knowledge of federal, state, local, and university regulations, guidelines, and standards in the personnel area and ability to interpret and apply these.
• Knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to college student admissions, registration, and records.
• Knowledge and understanding of one or more areas of student enrollment management in a postsecondary institution.
• Strong consultative and advisory skills.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues, and demonstrated independent decision making experience.
• Program planning and implementation skills.
• Ability to guide and train staff and/or students.
• Strong data and records management skills.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Strong client relations skills.
• Critical computer skills, knowledge of related software applications, and attention to detail for management of data input and data integrity.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures and ability to deliver excellent customer service.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems and to make evaluative judgments.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Ability to update, maintain, and navigate Banner student module forms with in Banner (SIS)
• Knowledge of class scheduling policies, standards, and procedures.
• Knowledge of student registration policies, standards and procedures.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues and demonstrated independent decision making experience.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER