Date: February 26, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Associate Director/Assistant Professor (tenure track)
Program: RN to BSN Program, College of Nursing and Health Science
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
The primary responsibility of the Associate Director of the RN to BSN Program is to implement the RN to BSN program curriculum in accordance with the stated program philosophy and to provide leadership to program faculty and staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement the RN to BSN program curriculum in accordance with the stated program philosophy.
• Provide oversight and leadership in the development, maintenance and revision of the RN to BSN Program curriculum and all course syllabi.
• Provide oversight and direction of faculty in the development and implementation of hybrid and online courses
• Promote integral (and integrative) holistic nursing education within the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
• Mentor, supervise, and evaluate both full-time and adjunct faculty in the RN to BSN Program.
• Engage in scholarship activities and maintain academic proficiency regarding integral nursing education and holistic health care.
• Teach upper division nursing courses in the RN to BSN Program in accordance with approved course syllabi.
• Serve as a role model for students both in professional and personal interactions.
• Meet every contracted class at its designated time except for emergency situations and approved absences.
• Maintain a classroom that is conducive to learning.
• Maintain professional expertise and credentials in areas relevant to position through ongoing professional development activities.
• Post and maintain a schedule of office hours to include at least five hours per week.
• Determine textbooks needed for all courses in RN to BSN Program in consultation with program faculty.
• Advise and mentor students in RN to BSN Program.
• Maintain accurate student scholastic records and submit required reports to the Registrar’s Office in a timely manner.
• Refer students to appropriate college resources when indicated.
• Inform Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Sciences of problems or concerns that impact the RN to BSN Program.
• Participate in RN to BSN Program departmental meetings, college committees, convocation, and commencement exercises.
• Participate in college and community service.
• Work with the RN to BSN Program community advisory committee.
• Provide input into the RN to BSN Program budget.
• Participate in RN to BSN Program recruitment and community outreach activities.
• Participate in the assessment of student learning for the RN to BSN Program to include collection, aggregation, analysis, and reporting of assessment data.
• Participate in the maintenance and update of the RN to BSN Program’s Systematic Program Evaluation Plan.
• Participate in accreditation activities necessary to maintain national accreditation for the RN to BSN Program.
• Maintain appropriate professional relationships with college faculty and staff.
• Provide and maintain appropriate documentation of relevant professional credentials.
• Adhere to college policies and procedures as specified in Faculty Handbook and elsewhere.
• Recommend the selection of library books, reference materials, and periodicals for the library.
• Assume additional related duties as requested by the Dean.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
Current, unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state.
Knowledge of Baccalaureate nursing programs required. Applicant must embrace the philosophy of holistic/integrative nursing practice.
Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. Ability to meet institutional requirements for participation in clinical practicums.
PhD in any field preferred.
Experience in nursing practice, nursing education, curriculum, and nursing administration.
Three years of full-time teaching experience in nursing program.
Experience developing and implementing hybrid and online curses.
Condition of Employment:
Certification in holistic nursing required upon hire or within 2 years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated leadership experience in the nursing profession.
• Excellent demonstrated written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public.
• Ability to develop and implement hybrid and online courses.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, college administration, and hospital personnel and administrators.
• Ability to work with a wide range of individuals (students, staff, faculty, public) and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Teaching experience.
• Ability to effectively provide a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Ability to address multiple learning styles in classroom teaching. Experience with a variety of teaching resources.
• Ability to maintain clinical competence in area of teaching.
• Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email and electronic calendar.
• Ability to introduce computer technology into the classroom and laboratory and willing to explore new course delivery methods.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to attend to details and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision.
• Disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to role model professional nursing behaviors.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Work is normally performed in a classroom, clinical setting, and in an office setting.
• A minimum of thirty-five hours per week as necessary to complete job duties.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER