NNMC’S BUSINESS DEPARTMENT
IS RECRUITING FOR AN
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree-granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester.
Department of Business – Seeks an Assistant Professor of Project Management
The Department of Business seeks applicants for a full-time, nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor in Project Management beginning fall 2022.
Job Duties: The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching lower and upper-level undergraduate project management courses and other business courses as assigned. Some of the other areas of responsibility include advising, assessment, accreditation reporting, recruitment, and retention. The incumbent will be expected to participate in scholarly activities to include participation in maintaining accreditation for the two and four-year programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach a range of Department of Business Administration lower and upper-level undergraduate project management courses and other business courses as assigned (e.g., Project Quality and Risk Management, Project Leadership and HR Management, Principles of Project Management, Communications and Stakeholder Management, Organizational Management, Planning and Controls, and Procurement and Contracts, Introduction to Project Management, etc);
- Must be willing to teach online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses as needed and engage in the pursuit of scholarship appropriate to the profession;
- Perform administrative duties related to the Department of Business Administration program (e.g., advising, recruitment, retention, outreach efforts to stakeholders, tracking student progress and providing reports on unit operations). Provide career support for students when appropriate (e.g., course load, prerequisites, occupational opportunities, etc.). Assist in college-wide retention activities (e.g., Early Alert), class schedules, establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships with all student services and instructional programs;
- Explore external funding for research and/or program development;
- Engage in program, department, college, community, advising, and professional service;
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Department of Business Administration sponsored activities (e.g. information sessions, graduation ceremonies, new student orientation, faculty/staff meetings, etc.);
- Assist with ACBSP accreditation planning, data collecting and preparation; assist with college-wide, department, and state, etc. reporting; assist with updates to the Department of Business Administration manuals, website and promotional materials;
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements: Master of Business Administration is required.
Preferred Qualifications: a) Ph.D. or D.B.A. b) PMP certification c) teaching experience in higher education d) experience teaching web-based courses.
Salary: Based on credentials and experience
While the position will remain open until filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application by Friday, August 5, 2022.
TO APPLY: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial graduate transcripts, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy and detailing experience with and expectations regarding the use of technology in teaching. 5) three letters of recommendation (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability and/or potential, and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.