NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
IS RECRUITING FOR ONE
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF INFORMATION ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester. Applications are invited for a visiting professor faculty position in the Department of Engineering and Technology with a contract starting January 2022. Upon evaluating the one year job performance of the chosen candidate, the visiting professor position maybe converted into Tenure Track Assistant Professor Position.
The College of Engineering and Technology offers Bachelor degrees in Electromechanical Engineering Technology and Information Engineering Technology, Associate of Engineering degrees in Information Engineering Technology, Pre-Engineering and Software Engineering along with Certificate programs.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, prepare and teach undergraduate courses in Information Engineering Technology (i.e. programming using JAVA, web systems, applications for mobile devices using Android Studio, databases (SQL), digital logic design, cybersecurity, computer networks, and other required courses.);
• Develop and maintain laboratories and facilities;
• Participate in scholarly activities and serve on college committees;
• Mentoring students in research and capstone projects;
• Seek and apply to public and private fund opportunities;
• Advise students regarding curriculum and career matters;
• Assessment and evaluation of student outcomes;
• Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups;
• Ability to develop hands-on lab material in his/her own areas of interest (e.g., programming, web systems, mobile device applications, databases, cybersecurity, and computer networks);
• Strong presentation and communication skills;
• Commitment to adopt and implement industrial certification tracks, such as Cisco, VMWare, LPI, JAVA, DBA etc.;
• Ability to advise and interact closely with students, engage in research, and participate in recruitment and retention efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial transcripts conferring required or preferred degree, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy, 5) three letters of recommendations (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability and/or potential and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.