NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
IS RECRUITING FOR ONE
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGINEERING
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester. Applications are invited for a visiting professor faculty position with a contract starting January 2022. This position can potentially transition to a tenure track position.
The College of Engineering and Technology offers Bachelor degrees in Electromechanical Engineering Technology and Information Engineering Technology, Associate of Engineering degrees in Information Engineering Technology, Pre-Engineering and Software Engineering along with Certificate programs.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and offer courses in Hydraulics and Process Control geared towards apprentices enrolled in 2 year programs.
• Other courses that this position may be required to offer include, Engineering Math, Introduction to Engineering, Electromechanical, Chemistry, Physics courses, depending on faculty’s area of expertise.
• Develop and maintain laboratories and facilities;
• Participate in scholarly activities and serve on college committees;
• Mentoring students in research and capstone projects;
• Seek and apply to public and private fund opportunities;
• Advise students regarding curriculum and career matters;
• Assessment and evaluation of student outcomes;
• Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups;
• Ability to develop hands-on lab material in his/her own areas of interest (e.g., programming, web systems, mobile device applications, databases, cybersecurity, and computer networks);
• Strong presentation and communication skills;
• Commitment to adopt and implement industrial certification tracks, such as Cisco, VMWare, LPI, JAVA, DBA etc.;
• Ability to advise and interact closely with students, engage in research, and participate in recruitment and retention efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or closely related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, or closely related field.
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience.
While the position will remain open until filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application package by December 1, 2021. NNMC is willing to sponsor visa for foreign nationals.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial transcripts conferring required or preferred degree, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy, 5) three letters of recommendations (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability and/or potential and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.