NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
IS RECRUITING FOR A
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at Northern New Mexico College invites applications for a nine (9) month, Tenure-track position with a contract starting August 2022 to teach Criminal Justice courses in our unique B.A. in Integrated Studies program. The ideal candidate will teach courses in Criminal Justice with an emphasis in Native American and/or Chicano/Latino modalities.
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach four (4) courses per semester;
• Attend departmental and college meetings;
• Participate in student advising.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: PhD in Criminology/Criminal Justice minimum two-year teaching experience at the college level.
b) teaching experience in Higher Education.
c) expertise or a commitment to Integrated Studies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Successful teaching experience (especially with culturally diverse students);
• Interest in, or experience within integrative or inter-disciplinary programs;
• Knowledge of principle and indigenous methods for curriculum and training design;
• Experience with a variety of teaching resources, media and technologies, including computer-aided instruction and/or online instruction technologies;
• Ability to articulate and support the NNMC philosophy with a strong commitment to teaching and learning in an academic setting.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a letter of interest addressing required and preferred qualifications, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial graduate transcripts, 4) three letters of recommendation (two of which focus on the applicant’s teaching ability and potential), and 5) a statement of teaching philosophy.
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience.
While the position will remain open until filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application package by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.