NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
IS RECRUITING FOR A
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF Arts & Humanities
Northern New Mexico College’s Department of Arts & Human Sciences is inviting applications for an Assistant Professor of Arts & Humanities. Applications are invited for a nine-month, tenure-track faculty position with a contract starting in August 2022.
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. The Higher Learning Commission accredits NNMC. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester. The mission of Northern New Mexico College is to ensure student success by providing access to affordable, community-based learning opportunities that meet the educational, cultural, and economic needs of the region.
The Assistant Professor of Humanities, as a member of the Department of Arts and Human Sciences, will assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BAIS): Humanities program. Duties include student advisement, curriculum development, program evaluation, assessment, teaching (face-to-face, WEB, and REMOTE courses), evaluation of student learning, college and community service, scholarship, and other duties as assigned in accordance with the mission and vision of the college and the department.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Terminal degree in the Humanities (Philosophy, Religion, Arts etc.) or related field; minimum two-year teaching experience at the college level.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience teaching with diverse student populations; acquaintance with curriculum development; engagement with the humanities through an interdisciplinary perspective.
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Must teach a variety of arts & humanities courses within the BAIS: Arts & Media/Humanities program (maximum of 12 credit hours a semester).
● Must maintain a minimum of 5 office hours and a regular presence on campus.
● Participate in all departmental efforts, including curriculum development, assessment, recruitment, and retention.
● Actively participate in at least two institutional committees per semester.
● Actively engage in advisement, meeting with assigned students.
● Maintain scholarly activity to stay current in the field.
● Engage in college-wide activities (graduation, convocation, strategic planning, and assessment day).
● All other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Chair.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
● Knowledge of the humanities and integrated studies.
● Knowledge of innovative teaching strategies.
● Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public.
● Ability to work with a wide range of individuals (students, staff, faculty, and the public) and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
● Ability to effectively provide a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Ability to address multiple learning styles in classroom teaching. Experience with a variety of teaching resources.
● Excellent organizational skills and the ability to attend to details and meet deadlines.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: (1) a cover letter (addressing how the candidate’s qualifications match the position requirements), (2) a curriculum vitae (including three professional references and their contact information), (3) unofficial graduate transcripts, (4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy and scholarly accomplishments, (5) a diversity statement, (6) three letters of recommendations (at least one professional and one academic), and (7) a sample syllabus for one of the following courses: Introduction to Ethics, Critical Thinking, or Comparative Religion.
While the position will remain open until filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application package by Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts will be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.