NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
IS RECRUITING FOR ONE
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester. Applications are invited for a nine-month tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Mathematics and Physical Science with a contract starting August 2022 or January 2022.
The Department of Mathematics and Physical Science offers Associate and Bachelor’s degrees in Mathematics and services other departments by offering a variety of mathematics and physical science courses.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach lower and upper-division mathematics and/or physical science classes (physics and astronomy);
- Participate in scholarly activities and serve on college committees;
- Advise students regarding curriculum and career matters;
- Assess student learning outcomes;
- Mentor students in research projects;
- Apply for public and private funding opportunities;
- Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Teaching experience in higher education;
- Experience teaching physics and astronomy labs;
- Experience with mentoring and advising students;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Experience writing and acquiring grants;
- Experience with curriculum development;
- Experience with working with diverse populations;
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: PhD Degree in Mathematics or Physics
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience. Salary for a starting Assistant Professor is $57,338.
While the position will remain open until filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application package by July 15th, 2022.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial transcripts of graduate degrees, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy, 5) three letters of recommendations (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability) and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts will be requested once an offer is made.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.