Date: October 5, 2022
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: College of Nursing and Health Science
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Application Deadline: Open until filled
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant assists faculty, staff, and students in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences with clerical and administrative duties in order to effectively deliver the academic programs to students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative assistance for the Associate Degree Nursing Program, the RN to BSN Program, the Allied Health Degree, the Nurse Aide Training Program, and health science courses.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Dean, the Program Director for the Associate Degree Nursing Program, the Associate Director for the RN to BSN Program, the Clinical Coordinator, the Lab Assistant, the Success Coach, and all full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty teaching in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Provide initial contact between the department and customers (students, faculty, staff and general public) by answering phones, answering questions, taking messages, greeting visitors, and distributing general information regarding programs and courses. Screen and prioritize calls when necessary. Relay messages to appropriate persons.
- Manage calendars, and make travel and meeting arrangements.
- Operate office machines as needed in performance of duties, including personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, binding machine, and calculator.
- Assist with inventory of department supplies and equipment, prepare purchase requests for supplies, and prepare forms necessary for departmental administrative support.
- Assist in monitoring departmental budget(s) through knowledge of ordering system, tracking purchase requisitions, purchase orders, shipping documents, invoices, bookstore purchases, storeroom requisitions, and other financial documents approved by supervisor.
- Assume primary responsibilities for pick-up and distribution of mail.
- Prepare nursing application packets and distribute to prospective students.
- Assist with the coordination of nursing student orientations.
- Assist with correspondence, reports, proposals, and manuscripts written by any faculty member, director, or Dean.
- Assist with annual reports for regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Set up and maintain all student files.
- Coordinate fingerprinting, criminal background checks, and drugs screens for all nursing students and nurse aide students.
- Maintain confidentiality of health care related information in compliance with federal HIPAA rules, as well as student records in compliance with FERPA.
- Maintain vender account for computerized standardized testing to include ordering supplies, distributing materials to students, and tracking student fees.
- Proctor all computerized standardized tests including pre-entrance tests for nursing tracking students, end of course tests, and RN and PN comprehensive predictors, and scheduling testing for same.
- Coordinate ADN end of program ‘live review’ for the NLCEX-RN Licensure Exam for graduating students.
- Prepare contracts for the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Maintain minutes and files for Nursing Faculty Meetings, Nursing Curriculum meetings, and Nursing.
- Community Advisory Board Meetings.
- Prepare letters of appointments, assist faculty with book adoptions, and enter program schedules each semester.
- Assist students with registration activities.
- Assist adjunct faculty with instructional related tasks as needed.
- Coordinate weekend courses to include work orders and assistance to adjunct faculty. Serve on campus-wide committees.
- Help oversee work-study student.
- Perform other related duties as appropriate or required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or GED diploma. Three years general clerical secretarial experience.
- AA degree.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering;
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials;
- Skill in the use of operating office equipment;
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
- Records maintenance skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information;
- Computer proficiency in MS Windows and MS Office including Access, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Bilingual preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of management, students, faculty, and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to coordinate office activities and to multi-task effectively.
- Limited physical effort required;
- Occasional prolonged standing is required;
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds;
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a resume; 3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER