NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
DEPARTMENT OF NURSING & HEALTH SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
IS RECRUITING FOR AN ADJUNCT FACULTY INSTRUCTOR TO TEACH IN THE NURSE AIDE TRAINING PROGRAM
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree-granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester. Applications are invited for a nine-month, Faculty instructor (tenure track option available) position with a contract starting August 2022.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Teach lectures, skills lab, and clinical in the nurse aide training program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Current unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state; a minimum of 1 year of nursing experience in a long-term care facility.
Current healthcare provider CPR.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous teaching experience; two years of full-time clinical experience in the areas of teaching responsibility.
SALARY: Based on credentials.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to meet institutional requirements for participation in clinical practicums.
- Must hold and maintain a current, unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of long-term care nursing practice.
- Knowledge of evidence-based teaching strategies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public.
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals (students, staff, faculty, public) and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively provide a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Ability to address multiple learning styles in classroom teaching. Experience with a variety of teaching resources.
- Ability to maintain clinical competence in area of teaching.
- Ability to introduce computer technology into the classroom and laboratory and willingness to explore new course delivery methods.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to attend to details and meet deadlines.
- Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email, and electronic calendar.
- Ability to role model professional nursing behaviors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting. Teaching will be divided between theory and clinical instruction.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae or resume, 3) unofficial transcripts, and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references
The position will remain open until filled.
Required application materials should be sent to: Ellen Trabka, Chair, Nursing & Health Sciences, email@example.com
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.