Date: October 14, 2021
Application Deadline: open until filled
Position Title: Accounts Payable/Accounting Tech II
Department: Business Office Job Type: Full-Time
Prepares, verifies, and posts accounting documents and transactions, balancing transaction totals, and preparing financial information and reports. Performs activities related to one or more accounting functions, such as payables, receivables, travel reimbursements, contracts and grants, payroll, and document control.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and/or posts accounting transactions to journals and ledgers in computerized accounting systems;
• Reviews documents for accuracy and completeness;
• Ensures compliance with applicable local, state, federal laws and regulations, college policies and accepted accounting principles and practices applicable to public agencies;
• Produces a variety of documents, including reports, registers, encumbrances, worksheets, billings and schedules;
• Works closely with program directors regarding expenditures and provides guidance on policies and procedures;
• Balances assigned accounts to general ledger;
• Responds to requests for information, conducting appropriate research, preparing reports and recommendations as needed;
• Performs accounting clerical support activities, including generating, filing, and copying various documents;
• Provides backup for positions in department;
• Other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates Degree plus two (2) years experience in accounting or a related field required. Equivalent education and experience may be substituted for each other on a year for year basis.
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner;
• Experience working in a higher education setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of modern principles and practices of accounting, auditing, budgeting, and purchasing procedures;
• Research techniques;
• Accounting software; and filing methods;
• Skill in data entry;
• Effective communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to operate general office equipment;
• Maintain a high degree of accuracy;
• Develop and maintain effective relationships;
• Accurately enter data in a prescribed database;
• Understand verbal and written requests and instructions; and problem solving.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Occasional evening and weekend hours required. Extended periods of time working on a computer. This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• No or very limited physical effort required;
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: A letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER