Date: July 6, 2018 Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time Reports to: Comptroller
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing advanced, multifaceted accounting in areas such as ledger maintenance, cost and/or financial analysis, fund reconciliation, posting and fiscal inventory control. Analyzes complex financial and operation data, prepares management reports, financial statements, projections and works with restricted funds such as grants and contracts. Employee serves as a team leader.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares financial reports from standard operating statistics and/or financial data.
• Analyzes and reviews expenditures for local, state, federal and private funding.
• Develops accounting applications and oversees the input and handling of financial data and reports.
• Investigates and resolves problems related to accounting transactions.
• Provides assistance in the development, implementation and management of fiscal systems and procedures.
• Monitors revenue and expenses for departmental or unit accounts.
• Ensures expenditure control and compliance with funding and reporting requirements, college policy and standard accounting procedures.
• Constructs advanced spreadsheet applications and generates reports.
• Analyzes, reconciles, balances and maintains accounting records.
• Develop special financial reports.
• Facilitates in year-end closure and participates in audit.
• Coordinates the preparation of regularly scheduled reports (annual, semi-annual, and quarterly) and special billings, cost reports, analysis, studies, inventories, and financial statements for local, state, federal and private funding sources.
• May serve on College committees.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in accounting.
• Experience in Higher Education
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations and college financial policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of modern accounting applications.
• Knowledge in working with Ellucian Banner a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting standards
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to research and analyze data and prepare financial reports.
• Ability to provide exemplary service to customers, in and outside the College
• Skill in utilizing ten-key by touch in an accurate, fast manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER