Date: May 19, 2022 Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Accountant III FLSA: Exempt
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time Reports to: Comptroller/Accountant IV
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
SUMMARY: Under the supervision and direction of the Controller and Accountant IV, the Accountant III will perform daily general ledger accounting functions including payroll for the College and Branch College using a strong accounting foundation and knowledge of Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to analyze the composition Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts for appropriateness and completeness, which includes but is not limited to preparing and posting journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger with external fiduciary account(s) and payroll software, accounts receivable, preparation of financial reports, analytical review of financial information, and assisting the Controller and Accountant IV with the preparation of financial information used in the annual financial statement audit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Accountant III is responsible for performing daily accounting functions for the College and its component unit:
- Analyzes, reconciles, balances and maintains accounting records;
- Reconciliation of bank and other fiduciary accounts;
- Reconciliation of payroll accounts;
- Investigates and resolves problems related to accounting transactions;
- Creating and posting journal entries;
- Creating/establishing and maintaining accounts receivable;
- Preparation of financial reports;
- Analytical review of financial information;
- Assists Controller and Accountant IV in the development, preparation and interpretation of financial information used to prepare financial statements under GASB Standards, Federal requirements, State laws and College policies;
- Facilities in the year-end closure and participates in the annual audit;
- Monitors revenue and expense postings for departmental or unit accounts for proper classification;
- Coordinates the preparation of regularly scheduled and special billings, cost reports, analysis, studies, inventories, and financial statements for local, state, federal and private funding sources (monthly, quarterly and yearly).
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Development of a positive customer service climate within the Business Office and College; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with successful completion of at least eighteen (18) hours of College or University level accounting. Six (6) of the eighteen (18) hours must include Intermediate accounting.
- EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years’ experience in accounting.
- PREFERENCE: Experience working with financial management/accounting software and/or system(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations and College financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern accounting applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting standards
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research and analyze data and prepare financial reports.
- Ability to provide exemplary service to customers, in and outside the College.
- Skill in utilizing ten-key by touch in an accurate, fast manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Background check will be required.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER