Date: March 24, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Accountant II
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time Reports to: Comptroller
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing intermediate, multifaceted accounting in areas such as ledger maintenance, establishing accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, posting and fiscal inventory control. Analyzes financial and operation data, prepares management reports, assist with providing data for financial statements and financial projections.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares financial reports from standard operating statistics and/or financial data.
• Analyzes and reviews budgets and expenditures for local, state, federal and private funding.
• Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and ensures expenditure control.
• Investigates and resolves accounting problems related to funds, budgets and expenditures.
• Provides assistance in the development, implementation and management of fiscal systems and procedures.
• Monitors revenue and expense postings for departmental or unit accounts for proper classification.
• Ensures expenditure control and compliance with funding and reporting requirements, college policy and standard accounting procedures.
• Constructs spreadsheet applications and generates reports.
• Analyzes, reconciles, balances and maintains accounting records.
• Develop special financial reports.
• May participate in audits and prepare audit paperwork.
• Coordinates the preparation of regularly scheduled and special billings, cost reports, analysis, studies, inventories, and financial statements for local, state, federal and private funding sources (monthly, quarterly and yearly).
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field with successful completion of at least eighteen (18) hours of College or University level accounting. Six (6) of the eighteen (18) hours must include Intermediate accounting.
• EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years’ experience in accounting.
• PREFERENCE: Experience working with financial management/accounting software and/or system(s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations and College financial policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of modern accounting applications.
• Knowledge in working with Ellucian Banner a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting standards
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to research and analyze data and prepare financial reports.
• Ability to provide exemplary service to customers, in and outside the College.
• Skill in utilizing ten-key by touch in an accurate, fast manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Background check will be required.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER