Mission & Vision Statements
Northern New Mexico College is a Hispanic- and Native American-serving comprehensive institution that will be recognized nationally for cultural sustainability, quality student learning and developing economically strong communities among diverse populations.
The mission of Northern New Mexico College is to ensure student success by providing access to affordable, community-based learning opportunities that meet the educational, cultural, and economic needs of the region.
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Excellence in Student Success
- Excellence in Access and Affordability
- Excellence in Diversity
- Excellence in Facilities and Resources
- Excellence in Community Building
- Northern recognizes that students are the focus of the school and seeks to enhance their skills and self-image in order to help them set and meet realistic career and life goals.
- Northern believes that educating is holistic and that each student's needs and interests are to be complemented by the curriculum, extra-curricular activities, and administrative structure. In this way, students and staff are integrated in pursuit of education.
- Northern strives to provide a comprehensive education to all residents of its service area.
- Northern strives to provide an educational program that reflects the needs of the communities of northern New Mexico.
Statement of Purpose
- To provide programs and course offerings leading to baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees and certificates, and meet the educational needs of students in northern New Mexico.
- To provide academic advisement, personal counseling referrals, placement testing, career guidance, tutorial services, and developmental studies to assist students in achieving their maximum potential.
- To provide activities and learning opportunities which meet the educational and community service needs and interests of students and the community.
- To provide opportunities for the intellectual, aesthetic, and cultural needs of students and the community by scheduling activities and services to further those needs.
- To provide adequate organizational and support services to meet students needs and to maintain integrity and quality in its educational offerings.