Why should I choose NORTHERN?
Accessible, Affordable, Student Centered. Guaranteed!
NORTHERN New Mexico College is the #1 Most Affordable four-year college in New Mexico and in all of the southwestern United States (2015-16). Also, check out our Tuition Promise!
NORTHERN offers 13 quality bachelor's programs and 50+ associate and certificate degrees in diverse fields including:
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Studio, Visual & Performing Arts
- Nursing & Health Sciences
- Humanities, Social Sciences, Language & Letters
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Career & Technical Fields
NORTHERN New Mexico College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and holds additional accreditation in the following academic areas:
- Bachelor's & Associate Degrees in Business Administration are ACBSP accredited.
- Bachelor in Information Engineering Technology is accredited by ABET.
- RN to BSN Nursing degree is accredited by CCNE.
- Barbering, Cosmetology and the Associate Degree in Nursing are approved by their respective state licensing boards.
Experienced faculty. NORTHERN employs 53 experienced, full-time faculty and 30 full-time PhD faculty.
Classes are small and personal. Average class sizes at NORTHERN range from 12-15 students, allowing you to get personal, one-on-one instruction from faculty.
NORTHERN provides students with unique opportunities for academic, personal and professional growth in all areas of study.
Northern is the place for UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH. @NORTHERN, you can dive right in to research experience early in your college career. Examples of student research and field experience opportunities include:
- Biology of the Cell Nucleus Lab
- Annual Academic Research, Creativity & Scholarship Symposium (ARCSS)
- Environmental Science & Ecology Field Research at Valles Caldera
- Wildland Fire Science Research in Carson National Forest
- Presenting research at the Native American Indigenous Studies Association in Washington D.C. (2015).
- Research internships at Los Alamos National Labs and exchanges with partner schools
- Community-oriented clinical and research experiences in Nursing & Health sciences
- Mobile app development in Information Engineering Technologies
Student life @NORTHERN is unique and diverse. Campus organizations include:
- ASNNMC Student Senate
- American Indian Student Organization (AISO)
- Chess Club
- Cosmetology & Barbering Club
- Drama Club
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Multi-Faith Club
- Northern Engineering Student Association
- Student Veterans of America
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Physics & The Future Club
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Student Nursing Association
- Northern Student Ambassadors
To see more about what makes NORTHERN unique, browse our VIEWBOOK.