Tuition & Fees
NEW MEXICO RESIDENT TUITION
- $114.50/credit hour for 1 through 12 credit hours
- 12 credit hours = $1374.00 (full-time rate)
- 13 through 18 credit hours = $1374.00 (full-time rate)
- Students taking more than 18 credit hours will pay the full-time rate ($1374.00),
PLUS $114.50 per credit hour for each hour over 18.
If you are a Senior citizen (age 65 and above) and are classified as a resident of New Mexico, you will be charged $5.00 per credit for lower division courses or $20.40 per credit for upper division courses. If you enroll for more than 6 credits, charges for those credits over 6 will be made at the rate of $114.50 per credit. (This does not apply to Continuing Education courses.)
- $425.45/credit hour for 1 through 12 credit hours.
- 12 credit hours = $5105.40 (non-resident full-time rate)
- 13 through 18 credit hours (full-time rate) $5105.40 total
- Students taking more than 18 credit hours will pay the Full-time rate ($5105.40),
PLUS $425.45 per credit hour for each hour over 18.
For a helpful tool to estimate your cost to attend college,
try our new Net Price Calculator.
Applicable to all students
- Registration fee: $25/term
- Activity fee: $3/credit hour ($36 for 12+ credit hours)
- Student Service fee: $10 per credit hour ($120 for 12+ credit hours)
- IT fee: $20/credit hour ($240 for 12+ credit hours)
- Building and Equipment renewal fee: $10 per credit hour
- Library student fee: $1.25 per credit hour
- Security fee: $1.25 per credit hour
Applicable to students taking 4+ credit hours
- Online Access fee: $35
- Athletic fee: $50
Note: Northern used to allow non-New Mexico residents to pay in-state tuition if enrolled in 6 credits or less. Recently passed legislation no longer allows that to happen.
OTHER FEES (as applicable)
- Online Payment Plan Fee (non-refundable): $ 25.00/term
- Unofficial Transcript Fee (per transcript): $2.00
- Official Transcript Fee (per transcript): $5.00
- Graduation: $100
- Cap & Gown: $37.50
- Late Registration Fee (added to regular fee as of first day of classes): $35.00
- Payment Plan Late Fee: $10.00
Fees for Graduate Students
- Graduate Application Fee: $25
- Graduate Education course fee:
$200 for 1-6 credit hours; $300 for 7+ credit hours
Test, Lab and other Course-specific fees:
- See page 37 in the current Academic Catalog for a complete list of test and course- or program-specific fees.