September 20, 2017 - This position provides a general level of assistance within the Eagle Cafe.
Application Deadline: open until filled
FLSA: Non-Exempt Job Type: Temporary/Part-Time (30-35 hours per week) Rate: $10.00/hour
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets customers, receives food orders;
- Answer telephone and process call-in orders as necessary;
- Receives and records cash and charge payments;
- Prepares daily cash reports, balance the cash drawer, and submit daily deposits;
- Fill all containers (e.g. condiments, utensils, drinks, etc.) and maintain throughout the service day;
- Set up salad bar and maintain throughout the service day;
- Wash dishes and utensils and ensure that they are stored appropriately;
- Assist with cleaning food preparation areas, equipment and other kitchen tools and areas;
- Sweep and mop floors as needed;
- Assist with preparation of food orders as necessary;
- Post specials on a daily basis;
- Assist in stocking all deliveries;
- Must maintain regular attendance;
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED. Six (6) months' experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must possess a general knowledge of the workings of a service kitchen;
- Ability to read and write;
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Account balancing skills;
- Ability to calculate numbers;
- Ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness;
- Ability to obtain State of New Mexico Food Handler’s Certificate;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must adhere to a departmental dress code;
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than five (5) hours per day;
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions;
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) resume; 3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER