Veterans Resource Center
At Northern's Veterans Resource Center you can register for classes and get certified to use your GI Bill, including the Post 9/11 GI Bill. You can also find out about all the services offered at Northern for veterans.
Veterans Center Contact: (505) 747-5499
Northern's VA Certifying Official: Joseph (Rudy) C'deBaca's (505) 747-5499, email@example.com
Student Veterans Office is located in AD 265B on the upper level of the Administration Building, opposite the Bookstore.
- You can access your GI Bill account and apply for benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- If you are the veteran, you will use DD form 22-1990.
- If you are a dependent or spouse of a service member or veteran, and you would like to apply for GI Bill Education benefits to be used here at Northern you will need to complete DD form 22-5490.
- If you are changing schools or programs of study, you will need to complete a DD form 22-5495 or 22-1995.
- You may submit these applications electronically by visiting the above web site at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Or, come to the Student Veteran's Office and fill out applications in person with Justin.
- Make sure you bring in copies of your applications and DD form 214
- Each semester you need to bring in your class schedule to a VA Certifying Official for certification of benefits.
Ana Gutierrez Sisneros
PhD(c), ABD, MSN, MALAS, APRN, P/MHCNS-BC, CCM
Mental Health Counselor
ADN and RN to BSN Adjunct Faculty
Health Disparities at the Border Area Nursing PhD student, NMSU
Ms. Gutierrez Sisneros is an advanced practice adult psychiatric and mental health clinical nurse specialist, as well as mental health therapist and counselor. Her 28 years of nursing experience have been in rural Rio Arriba County, and she considers rural nursing practice to be her true nursing clinical specialty. She also holds a master’s degree in Latin American studies with a focus on improvement of Indo-Hispano health status through use of both western and traditional lifeways.