All students must register for classes through the Advisement Office for their first three semesters. Your advisor will help you to determine which classes you need to take and will try to fit your course and time preferences. You will register through the Banner system, accessed through myNNMC.
A. In order to be cleared for registration, you must have:
- Completed an admissions application.
- Submitted official transcripts from high school, dual credit, and/or previous colleges attended.
- Submitted eligible ACT, SAT or COMPASS test scores to Northern.
- Completed the financial aid application process.
Keep in mind:
- Students must be officially admitted to Northern before registering.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours to be considered full-time.
- Beginning Fall 2014, students will need to maintain 15 credit hours to qualify for the New Mexico Lottery Scholarship.
- Students should meet with their advisor well in advance of the registration deadline to have priority enrollment in classes you want.
B. Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming students. At New Student Orientation, you will:
- Receive your course schedule
- Tour the campus
- Get your books and course materials
- Get your student ID card
- Set up your student email account
- Receive general information about College programs and activities
C. Pay Tuition and Fees
- Go to myNNMC to find out deadlines for payment and more bill+payment information.
- Go to the Tuition and Fees page to find out the cost of classes, and see if you qualify for our Tuition Promise Program.
ADVISEMENT CENTER STAFF