Northern’s Grants Office collaborates with staff and faculty in seeking sponsored project funding. Responsibilities and Services of the Grants Office include:
- Generating proposals and supporting documents in response to federal, state, and private funding solicitations
- Generating revenue for Northern New Mexico College through timely submissions of well-researched, well written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals
- Identifying grant/fund-raising possibilities that address the mission of the College and that of individual academic departments
- Developing and maintaining specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; create and distribute standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required.
- Providing advice and guidance to researchers on the application of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; facilitate and support the research and identification of funding opportunities on behalf of investigators, as appropriate.
- Engaging with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals
- Engaging the College’s staff and faculty for the purposes of writing proposals that represent collaborative expertise and input
- Participating in the generation of intermediate and annual performance reports to the federal government, corporate foundations and other funders
For more information, contact: