Under the direct supervision of the Safety & Security supervisor, this position will provide security functions for the College that include physical security and safety of faculty, staff and students, facilities, and assets. The incumbent will conduct highly visible campus patrols, inspections, and escort services as required; respond to all college related calls for assistance; initiate or assist in investigations of incidents as required or directed and must maintain confidentiality. The incumbent may be assigned to work any shift which may include weekends and holidays at the Espanola or El Rito Campus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain College Safety & Security needs of all College Community.
- Enforce all statutes and policies.
- Contact Emergency responders as required.
- Investigate and report to supervisor all noted incidents, hazards and accidents in a timely fashion
- Responsible for arming/disarming of alarms. Record and report all alarm incidents to supervisor.
- Work special events or college activities.
- Provides escort services when requested.
- Assist supervisor to monitor security equipment, cameras surveillance when directed.
- Responsible to keep security vehicle and equipment clean & in working order.
- Prepares daily activity logs by the end of each shift and incident reports with in same working shift.
- Provide First Aid/CPR when requested/required.
- Responsible for making sure college is not left unattended without a guard during shift. Must not leave shift until other guard arrives for shift change.
- Contact emergency responders as required.
- Review shift logs and report safety incidents in a timely fashion to supervisor.
- Daily locking and unlocking of all college property.
- Conduct or assist with incident, accident or other investigations.
- Patrol buildings and grounds of the college (interior and exterior) to ensure the safety and security of the physical structures, and its permissible occupants; and to ensure all statues and Policies are being appropriately followed.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED.
One (1) year of experience in security or law enforcement and police reporting procedures.
Preference will be given to applicants who are CPR certified.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must have and maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license with a good driving record.
The incumbent may be assigned to work any shift which may include holidays at the Espanola or El Rito Campus.
Must maintain confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to walk, run, climb multiple staircases, bend, and stoop, carry 50 pounds minimum.
- Knowledge of Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office suite and other industry- driven software.
- Knowledge of access control of Avigilon Security Camera System.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to drive College Security Motor Vehicle.
- Ability to assist supervisor to identify and gather evidence to be able to support findings and conclusions.
- Ability to take direction and carry out mission defined duties.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Send letter of interest, current resume to: Northern New Mexico College, Attn: Nanette De La Torre, 921 Paseo de Oñate, Española, NM 87532 or email to email@example.com.
Northern New Mexico College serves a diverse multicultural population and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, veteran status or disability, or any other protected class in its programs, activities or employment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.