Northern New Mexico College is accepting applications for Director of Finance to be filled as soon as possible.
Position Reports to: Vice President for Finance & Administration
Salary commensurate with experience
- Oversees the operations of accounts payable/accounts receivable, general ledger, cash/investment management, general and restricted funds accounting, budgeting and cashiering;
- Directs expense and revenue forecasting and control;
- Ensures records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards;
- Responsible for the Banner Finance module; actively participates in, or serves as leader of, the planning and implementation of Banner modules/features;
- Responsible for financial reporting;
- Manages the accounting and fiscal operations for the assigned area resulting in effective, safe and smooth functioning;
- Prepares special reports; review and analyze periodic data; analyze productivity and efficiency;
- Formulates and implements procedures and policies; direct/advise assigned employees in accomplishing assigned responsibilities;
- Establishes and maintains effective communication programs within and external to the assigned unit;
- Resolves the problems of faculty, students, staff and other customers as they relate to the Business Office;
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance;
- Prepares financial reports and financial statements; reconciles accounts and/or records/data;
- Process drawdowns, process complex regular and reoccurring computerized systems; process account distributions; manage ledgers;
- Monitors and ensures budgetary control;
- Oversees the university’s external audits and reports the results to administration, implements corrections and improvements as required;
- Participates in short-and long-range organizational and operational planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals;
- Evaluates and strengthens procedures to ensure strong internal controls;
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and financial policies and procedures;
- Ability to prepare financial reports;
- Knowledge and understanding of business management principles and practices;
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Strategic planning skills;
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections;
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments;
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications;
- Ability to research, analyze, and conceptualize long-term information systems needs on an organizational basis;
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment;
- Employee development and performance management skills;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and administer complex recordkeeping systems and procedures;
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures;
- Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures;
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
- Ability to handle multiple, complex tasks and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Ten to fifteen years’ directly related experience with at least seven to ten years in a supervisory capacity.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Government Fund Accounting Professional, experience with Ellucian’s Banner Administrative Software or comparable accounting system.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) resume; 3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are invited for an on-campus interview will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interviews.
Northern New Mexico College serves a diverse multicultural population and is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, veteran status or disability, or any other protected class in its programs, activities or employment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.