Coordinates and oversees the student accounts receivable and cashiering activities. Oversees and coordinates billing, collection, reconciliation to the general ledger and compilation of accounts receivable reports.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Department: Business Office FLSA: Exempt
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the review and maintenance of all student accounts including collection accounts
- Communicates with students regarding their student accounts. Answers detailed questions regarding payment options, student accounts, and occasionally, student financial aid questions as they pertain to accounts receivable. Arrange payment plans for students;
- Serve as the liaison between the college and third party providers; process invoices to third party agencies;
- Post and prepare all exemptions to include Employee Waivers, Education Waivers, Dependent Waivers and all miscellaneous waivers;
- Work with Financial Aid, Registrar, Bookstore and Admissions to ensure all transactions transmitted to student accounts are current and accurate;
- Process and distribute student account statements and collection letters;
- Prepare reimbursements for students – downloading and auditing information from Financial Aid and processing all computerized feeds to load information into the Accounts Payable module for check/direct deposit processing;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Student Accounts Receivable component of the Banner Student Module; serves as the primary liaison to the Information Technology Services division to test all software upgrades and new Banner functionality;
- Recommends new hires, trains, oversee, and evaluate staff in the Student Accounts Receivable and Cashiering section of the Business Office;
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required;
- Monitors aging of accounts receivable and initiates programs to facilitate collection of invoices; reconciles or oversees reconciliation of aging to the general ledger on a monthly basis. Reconcile SAR general ledger accounts. Reconcile and prepare bad debt adjustment at fiscal year-end;
- Prepare annual tax forms (1098-T);
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping all student and financial data confidential; comply with FERPA requirements;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Five (5) years of accounting experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and experience working with Ellucian Banner and TouchNet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
- Ability to work with frequent, substantive contacts with people in highly stressful situations; delicacy and unpredictability of contacts routinely create strain or stress on a regular basis;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge and understanding of billing and collection concepts, policies, and processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems;
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures as related to accounts receivable;
- Ability to lead and train staff, and to organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments;
- Advanced skills in MS Access, Excel and Word;
- Skill in analyzing continuous quality improvement needs and opportunities, and implementing responsive strategies and procedures;
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems;
- Must be able to analyze and resolve accounting/system problems.
- No or very limited physical effort required;
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) resume; 3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree.
Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER