Applications are invited for a tenure-track faculty position with a contract starting January 2018. The College of Engineering and Technology offers Bachelor degrees in Electromechanical Engineering Technology and Information Engineering Technology, Associate of Engineering degrees in Information Engineering Technology, Pre-Engineering and Software Engineering along with Certificate programs.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, prepare and teach undergraduate courses in Information Engineering Technology (i.e. programming, web systems, applications for mobile devices, databases, cybersecurity, and computer networks);
- Develop and maintain laboratories and facilities;
- Participate in scholarly activities and serve on college committees;
- Mentoring students in research and capstone projects;
- Seek and apply to public and private fund opportunities;
- Advise students regarding curriculum and career matters;
- Assessment and evaluation of student outcomes;
- Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups;
- Ability to develop hands-on lab material in his/her own areas of interest (e.g., programming, web systems, mobile device applications, databases, cybersecurity, and computer networks);
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Commitment to adopt and implement industrial certification tracks, such as Cisco, VMWare, LPI, etc.;
- Ability to advise and interact closely with students, engage in research, and participate in recruitment and retention efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience.
While the position will remain open until filled, interested applicants are encouraged to submit a complete application package by October 15, 2017.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial transcripts conferring required or preferred degree, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy, 5) three letters of recommendations (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability and/or potential and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.